Who we are:
Blackbird Lab is a software development company. While we are practicing international working culture, we are proud representatives of Ukrainian values and traditions. We are a team of 70+ energetic, curious, smart, and open to new challenges tech pros who prefer efficient async communication, flexible working hours, co-working office model etc.
Being in this craft for about 5 years, we managed to accumulate expertise and bring value to a number of clients. We cooperate with US and Canadian product companies of different sizes, from small startups to established products, in close, trusted relationships.
All team members, including management, have an engineering background. The process, participants of which speak the same language and have a similar approach based on technical principles, is always efficient. It is way easier to make decisions and introduce new features in a team with engineering at heart. It is the technical DNA that lets us build high-quality products that facilitate the lives of our customers’ users.Position & client:
We’re looking for developers to join a venture-backed company. It’s a SAAS product for IT professionals that allows real-time network monitoring, alerting, anomaly detection and prevention. Learn more about it: https://www.auvik.com/
. We’ve been a part of the engineering team for the last 6 months.
Auvik is in progress of rebuilding and improving its tech stack, based primarily on Golang and Kafka. System consists of multiple microservices and event processors - to process millions of events that are gathered from thousands of network devices, stored, aggregated and visualized on customer dashboards. You will become a direct part of the engineering team via a model of staff augmentation and will contribute to the overall engineering roadmap.
This position has a future relocation option
. Auvik is headquartered near Toronto, Canada in the Kitchener area, a home for multiple software companies.Stack:
● ReactYour impact (What you will do):
● Participate in tech meetings and contribute to project’s technical roadmap
● Work closely with support teams, troubleshoot issues, debug code
● Refactor existing code, fix bugs
● Mentor junior developersWho we are looking for (Requirements):
● 5+ years of experience with backend development
● 2+ years of experience developing with Golang
● Background in designing and developing microservices
● Experience with Docker and AWS
● Experience building reliable, highly available, and scalable software on top of the Kafka streaming platform is a plusTeam setup & processes:
Delivery process is organized by the principal of Agile Squads, where each Squad follows 2 or 3-week sprints, with Refinement, Planning, Demo and Retrospective sessions. Each Squad is capable of delivering business features and has Developers, QAs, Delivery Manager, Product Owner and Scrum Master.Interview process (takes ~ 1 week):
1. HR Interview (30 mins)
2. Blackbird Technical interview (60 min)
3. Final tech interview with engineering manager and senior engineers (1.15 hours)Benefits
We are all for the self-development of each team member. As a part of our team, you’ll be supported in your professional growth, work on Macs, receive certifications, and visit conferences. On top of that, you will enjoy an attractive social package, including
● Сompetitive monthly compensation with discretionary bonus;
● Flexible working schedule;
● Working remotely;
● Full support of Private Entrepreneur reporting services (ФОП);
● Paid vacation (30 working days per year: 12 national holidays + 18 actual vacations);
● Paid undocumented sick leaves (5 working days per year);
● Health support with medical insurance or sports programs;
● English lessons, sports activities, and charity events.