Who we are
Blackbird Lab is a software development company. While we are practicing international working culture, we are proud representatives of Ukrainian values and traditions. We are a team of 80+ energetic, curious, smart, and open to new challenges tech pros who prefer efficient async communication, flexible working hours, a co-working office model, etc.
Being in this craft for about 5 years, we managed to accumulate expertise and bring value to a number of clients. We cooperate with US and Canadian product companies of different sizes, from small startups to established products, in close, trusted relationships.
All team members, including management, have an engineering background. The process, participants who speak the same language and have a similar approach based on technical principles, is always efficient. It is way easier to make decisions and introduce new features in a team with engineering at heart. It is the technical DNA that lets us build high-quality products that facilitate the lives of our customers’ users.
Position & client
We’re looking for developers to join a venture-backed company. It’s a SaaS product for IT professionals that allows real-time network monitoring, alerting, anomaly detection and prevention. Learn more about it: https://www.auvik.com/. We’ve been a part of the engineering team since the beginning of 2022.
The Auvik system consists of multiple microservices and event processors - to process millions of events that are gathered from thousands of network devices, stored, aggregated and visualized on customer’s dashboards.
You can join one of these two teams:
Integrations/Traffic Insights/Syslog team. It’s a part of the Auvik network management product. It will grow a network feature set to make it more expander to larger clients. Integrations refer to 3rd party products that are integrated within Auvik (e.g. Connectwise, Autotask, Slack, etc.). Traffic Insights is a key feature of the product that shows you all the traffic on your network - who's using which application and how much bandwidth they are using.
Platform team will build reusable building blocks that will be used by other teams to build their feature set. This team works on how to back up, restore and do migration between AWS clusters.
This position has a future relocation option. Auvik is headquartered near Toronto, Canada in the Kitchener area, a home for multiple software companies.
Stack of the project
- Participate in tech meetings and contribute to project’s technical roadmap
- Work closely with support teams, troubleshoot issues, debug code
- Refactor existing code, fix bugs
- Mentor junior developers
- 5+ years of experience with backend development
- 2+ years of experience developing with Golang
- Background in designing and developing microservices
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- Upper-Intermediate English speaking level
Will be a plus
- Experience building reliable, highly available, and scalable software on top of the Kafka streaming platform
Team setup & processes
- Engineering Manager
- Tech Lead
- Senior Frontend Engineer
- Senior Backend Engineer
The delivery process is organized by the principal of Agile Squads, where each Squad follows 2 or 3-week sprints, with Refinement, Planning, Demo and Retrospective sessions. Each Squad can deliver business features and has Developers, QAs, Delivery Manager, Product Owner, and Scrum Master.
- HR interview (30 mins)
- Technical interview with Ukrainian Senior Engineer (90 mins)
- Interview with Canadian Engineering Manager (30 mins) and Senior Engineer (45 mins)
We are all for the self-development of each team member. As a part of our team, you’ll be supported in your professional growth, work on Macs, receive certifications, and visit conferences. On top of that, you will enjoy an attractive social package, including
- Сompetitive monthly compensation
- Flexible working schedule
- Working remotely
- 18 paid vacation working days
- Paid sick leaves (with 5 undocumented days per year)
- Health support with medical insurance or sports programs
- English lessons, sports activities, and charity events
- Full support of Private Entrepreneur reporting services (ФОП)