Who we are
Blackbird Lab is an innovative software development company. While we are practicing international working culture, we are proud representatives of Ukrainian values and traditions. We are a team of 80+ energetic, curious, smart, and open to new challenges tech pros who prefer efficient async communication, flexible working hours, a co-working office model, etc.
Being in this craft for about 5 years, we managed to accumulate expertise and bring value to a number of clients. We cooperate with US and Canadian product companies of different sizes, from small startups to established products, in close, trusted relationships.
All team members, including management, have an engineering background. The process, participants who speak the same language and have a similar approach based on technical principles, is always efficient. It is way easier to make decisions and introduce new features in a team with engineering at heart. It is the technical DNA that lets us build high-quality products that facilitate the lives of our customers’ users.
Position & client
Our client is a well-known loyalty program in Canada and has been around for more than 30 years. It’s a big corporation with many mature established processes.
In 2022, Blackbird Lab was engaged in a project that is being built from the ground up. We’re responsible for product ownership, solution architecture, development, testing and integration of a new platform into an existing customer’s system. Our module is built from scratch but later will become a part of a bigger platform. We’re building a product where end users of our customer will be able to upload photos of their grocery purchases and get rewards for it. We are responsible for the end-to-end implementation, from mobile to back office processing and management tools, which include OCR, operations process, reporting, auditing, etc.
As a Product Owner, you will be working closely with the Product Manager and UI/UX team from our client’s side. You will be responsible for managing product backlog, writing user stories, analyzing requirements and proposing solutions, building wireframes, ideating with the dev and business teams. We’re looking for a person with proven industry experience, knowledge of B2C and desire to build cool products for a large-scale audience. Our client has millions of consumers and our product needs to be flexible and efficient to meet their needs.
- You will define success as delivering strong business outcomes and solving critical users problems.
- You will be responsible for driving Product Led Growth by maintaining strong fundamentals and bringing new features and innovation to market.
- You will create and deliver the product/business vision & strategy for your business area teams in a way that enables our client company vision.
- You will work side by side with analytics, sales, marketing, retention, CX, engineering, data, and design to lead product discovery, development, and delivery with a “platform first” mindset for all internal and external products and services related to your business area.
- You will collaborate with multiple product teams and go-to-market teams to discover and deliver innovative technology.
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst / Product Owner
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner
- Experience with mobile B2C apps
- Understanding of North American retail business
- Solid understanding and experience with Scrum
- Strong process orientation
- Advanced English speaking level
Will be a plus
- Experience with loyalty programs
- Experience with retail or CPG space
Team setup & processes
- Technical Project Manager (Ukraine)
- Senior Java Engineer х 3 (Ukraine)
- Senior Frontend Engineer (Ukraine)
- Senior QA Engineer (Ukraine)
- Senior iOS Engineer (Ukraine)
We’re following 2-week Sprints with Story Point estimates, refinements, plannings, demos and retrospectives.
- HR Interview (30 mins)
- PM Interview (60 min)
- Client interview (60 mins)
We are all for the self-development of each team member. As a part of our team, you’ll be supported in your professional growth, work on Mac, receive certifications, and visit conferences. On top of that, you will enjoy an attractive social package, including
- Сompetitive monthly compensation
- Flexible working schedule
- Working remotely
- 18 paid vacation working days
- Paid sick leaves (with 5 undocumented days per year)
- Health support with medical insurance or sports programs
- English lessons, sports activities, and charity events
- Full support of Private Entrepreneur reporting services (ФОП)